GET DETAILED KNOWLEDGE AND APPLY ONLINE DRIVING LICENCE INSTANT ONLINE-Apply Driving Licence Online - Get Driving Licence Online Odisha - Google Search
Odisha is an Indian state well-known for its tribal culture and Hindu temples. To operate a motor vehicle in Odisha, it’s important for an individual to first hold a valid driving license. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, owning a driving license is important as it acts as a legal document of proof of an individual’s ability to operate a motor vehicle in and around India.
There are over 35 RTOs and 3 ARTO’s in Odisha entrusted with the responsibility of issuing driving licenses to the citizens of the state. The State Motor Vehicles Department of Odisha now lets citizens apply for a driving license online or offline, both in a hassle-free way.
From renewing your driving license to getting a duplicate driving license and also obtaining an International driving permit, you can do it all by following the below-mentioned steps.
Types of Driving Licenses in Odisha
An applicant can apply for the below types of driving licenses in Odisha. On the basis of the vehicle type, a driving license is issued to the applicant.
- Motorcycles without gear
- Motorcycles with gear
- Invalid carriage
- Light motor vehicle
- Medium goods vehicle
- Medium passenger motor vehicle
- Heavy goods vehicle
- Road roller
Eligibility Criteria for Getting a Driving License in Odisha
To be eligible to drive a motor vehicle in Odisha, an applicant should meet the below-mentioned eligibility requirements:
- An applicant must have completed the age of 18 years to be able to drive a light motor vehicle.
- An applicant must have completed the age of 20 years to be able to drive a transport vehicle.
- The applicant must first acquire a valid driving license
- The applicant must be well-versed with traffic rules and regulations
- The applicant should apply for a permanent driving license after 30 days or within 180 days from the date of issuance of a learner’s license.
Documents Required for Getting a Driving License in Odisha
Here is a list of documents that an applicant needs to submit while applying for a driving license in Odisha
- Age proof (school certificate, birth certificate, PAN card, etc)
- Address proof (passport, voter’s ID, LIC policy bond, etc)
- Form 4
- Learner’s license
- Three passport size photographs
- Form 5 in case of the application for a transport vehicle
How to Apply for a Driving License in Odisha?
An applicant can apply for a driving license in Odisha by following both online or offline procedure.
Here is how an applicant can apply for a driving license in Odisha
Online application of driving license in Odisha:
- Visit sarathi.nic.in
- Click on ‘Application form for new LL and DL’
- The applicant will then be asked to fill in the details
- On submission of the required information, you will have to upload scanned copies of your documents
- On doing this, you will receive a web application number
- You can then proceed further and pay the application fee online.
You can also apply for a driving license online by as2.ori.nic.in:8080/web
- Click on online services and then DL application
- The applicant will then have to select the state and click on apply for online-new driving license
- Further, you will be asked to fill in the learning license number and date of birth
- The applicant can then upload scanned copies of all your documents
- The applicant can further book a slot for your driving license test and then pay the fees.
On doing an online application, you can then visit your nearest RTO office and then give the test.
If the applicant passes the test, then he will receive the driving license at his registered address via speed post.
Offline application of driving license in Odisha :
The applicant will have to collect the form from the RTO office
The applicant will then have to submit the duly filled form along with the documents
The documents and the form will then be verified, following which a driving license test will be scheduled.
If the applicant passes the driving test, then the RTO will dispatch his driving license through speed post. The driving license will be delivered at the applicant’s registered address within a span of 2 to 3 weeks.
How to get a Duplicate Driving License in Odisha?
In case your driving license is torn, stolen or lost, then you can easily apply for a duplicate driving license in Odisha by following the below procedure.
Documents required for duplicate driving license in Odisha:
- Application Form LLD
- Original driving license, in case of damage
- Driving license number, in case if the driving license is stolen
- In case if the DL is stolen, an FIR has to be filed and has to be submitted
The applicant will have to fill the form and submit the above documents at the RTO. The documents and the form will be verified by a RTO personnel and the applicant will then be issued the duplicate driving license.
How to Renew Driving License in Odisha?
In the state of Odisha, a driving license is valid for 20 years or until the age of 50, whichever is earlier. The driving license for transport vehicle is valid for 3 years from the date of issue and a transport vehicle carrying hazardous goods is valid for 1 year from the date of issue or renewal.
Hence, just like car insurance, an individual also has to get his driving license renewed. Also, driving a car without a valid driving license can result in rejection of the claim. So renewal of a driving license is important and here’s how you can go about it in the state of Odisha.
Documents required for renewal of driving license
- Driving license
- Application form 9
- Age and address proof documents
- Passport size photographs
- An application fee of Rs. 200/-
The applicant will have to fill the form and submit it along with the relevant documents at the RTO. The RTO personnel will then verify the form and the renewed driving license will be issued to the applicant. An applicant will have to pay an additional charge Rs. 100, in case of renewal after grace period.
How to get an International driving license in Odisha?
An International Driving License issued in the state of Odisha is valid for 1 year. An applicant wishing to drive a motor vehicle abroad can apply for driving license in Odisha by following the below procedure.
Documents required for obtaining an International Driving Permit in Odisha:
- Valid driving license
- Age and address proof documents
- Indian nationality proof
- 3 passport size photographs
- Form 1A (medical certificate)
- Form 4A i.e. application form for International driving license
An applicant will have to fill the form and submit the above documents at the nearest RTO office. On verification of the documents, the International driving license will be issued to the applicant.
Driving License Test in Odisha
A driving license test in Odisha is conducted to check whether an applicant is capable of driving a motor vehicle in the state. A test is conducted to check a driver’s driving skills, on the basis of which he is issued a driving license. The driving test is conducted in the presence of a motor vehicles inspector on whose inspection the applicant is issued the driving license.